This rich and creamy broth of Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe will never allow you to leave the dinning table without finishing the whole soup. This delicious soup with little bite of black beans, sweet corn with tender chicken bits tastes so heavenly in cold nights.
- 2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups chicken stock (store-bought or home-made)
- 1 cup white onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 corn cobs (remove the kernels)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 can chopped green chillies
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (freshly graded)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground Black pepper
1) Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat and add onion to fry till it turns brown in colour.
2) Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
3) Add the corn kernels and keep stirring for 3 minutes.
4) Now, add the chicken, chicken stock, tomatoes, green chillies and black beans. Leave it to boil over medium heat with frequent stirring.
5) Add salt, cumin and stir the soup until combined. Now, reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes with occasional stirring in order to avoid soup sticking to the bottom of the pan.
6) Season the soup with grated cheese, pepper and cilantro leaves.
Serve your hot Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup with your favorite toppings.