This classic Italian dish or Chicken Cacciatore Easy Healthy Recipe is a delicious dish made of tender pieces of chicken leg. You would definitely be amazed while you taste this recipe as the chicken legs retain its juicy and tender nature.
- 3 Pounds of skin-on chicken legs, thighs and drumsticks split
- 1 Onion (sliced thinly)
- 1 Red bell pepper (steamed and thinly sliced)
- 4-5 pods of Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine
- 2 springs fresh thyme, rosemary or sage
- 1 bay leaf
- Black Pepper powder
Shall we start our cooking to enjoy the flavourful and Easy Healthy Chicken Cacciatore ?
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Meanwhile, season the chicken with pepper and salt.
3) Pick a large saute pan and heat the oil in medium-high.
4) Drop in the chicken, cook it with occasional turning till you see the chicken changing brown in colour.
5) Transfer the chicken to a plate after it turns brown on both the sides.
6) Add onion and saute it for few minutes. Next, add pepper, garlic and saute them till they turn soft. This whole process might take around 7-8 minutes.
7) Pour wine and bring it to simmer. Its time to add herb springs, bay leaf and the tomatoes along with the reserved juices. Leave them to simmer for few minutes.
8) Season with salt and pepper. Add the reserved chicken to the boiling liquid and vegetables.
9) Transfer them to the oven and cook them uncovered. Let the chicken is fully cooked and turns tender for about 30 minutes.
10) The sauce needs to get slightly reduced as well as thickened.
11) Remove the bay leaf and herb sprigs from the dish before serving.
Easy Healthy Chicken Cacciatore is ready to be relished.