Curried Chicken Kebabs
Thread the chicken onto skewers and grill the marinated chicken then your net result is yummy kebabs. Easy to make as well as tasty Curried Chicken Kebabs definitely attract your whole family to the dinner table.
Do you know an interesting fact of cooking the meat on a skewer originated in prehistoric times? In fact, much earlier to it when the early human started cooking using fire. Grilling process brings out the flavour of the food that is why many prefer to grill instead of frying. Even the medieval soldiers used to make open fires and grill the meat using their swords.
Cook this simple and delicious recipe for tonight. No time for tonight, then I would suggest you to pin it to cook later. Be it today or tomorrow, you need to try this recipe at least once to enjoy those flavourful juicy packs. Adding coconut milk and curry powder gives entirely a different flavour and you would definitely love it for sure.
- 1 pound skinless chicken thighs (chopped 1-inch cubes)
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- Soak the Bamboo skewers in water for at least half an hour.
- If you don’t have bamboo skewers, you can replace it with metal ones too.
Are you ready to grill the chicken with curry flavour?
1) Pick a mixing bowl and add in all the ingredients fish sauce, coconut milk, garlic, shallot, curry powder, chilli flakes and salt. Stir them well so that all these ingredients blend well.
2) Now, add the chicken and mix again. Refrigerate the chicken along with the mixture for at least half an hour or you can even let them to sit for 12 hours.
3) Assemble the chicken pieces onto the bamboo skewers and place the skewers on the middle of the grill. Cover it and cook until skewers turn golden brown and this process might take around 5 minutes.
4) If the kebabs are browning fast then shift those to the cooler side of the grill and vice versa. This ensures even cooking of chicken.
5) Flip the skewers to cook the other side. Once done on both sides, remove from the grill to transfer the kebabs to a platter.
Serve the Curried Chicken Kebabs with your favourite garnishing.