This mushroom flavoured pizza would be a best treat ever. Delicious Mushroom Pizza Recipe Mozzarella Truffle is a great recipe with those mushrooms lined up on top of pizza along with thyme, shallots and cognac.
- 2 pounds store-bought pizza dough
- 1 pound of any variety mushrooms (portobello, button, shiitake, cremini or a mix of all) (cleaned and trimmed)
- 1 medium shallot (minced)
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves (freshly minced)
- Freshly ground Pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon whole thyme leaves
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese (torn into rough chunks and drained)
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cognac or barrel-aged spirit or other brand (like bourbon)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
1) Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal parts.
2) Place each of the dough in a separate zipper-lock freezer bag.
3) When you are planning to bake, remove the dough from freezer and allow it to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
4) Meanwhile, we will make the mushroom mixture ready.
5) Now, place a large plate in the freezer.
6) Take half of the mushrooms and finely chop it using a food processor. Ten pulses will help you to get finely chopped mushrooms and transfer them to a bowl.
7) Take remaining mushrooms, thinly slice them and keep it ready to use while assembling pizzas.
8) Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat until shimmering.
9) Add finely chopped mushrooms and cook with occasional stirring.
10) Let it cook till all the water content of mushrooms have gone and it starts to sizzle. Continue cooking till mushrooms turn brown.
11) Add shallot, thyme and cook with frequent stirring until they turn soft.
12) It’s time to add brandy or cognac. Continue cooking until brandy is nearly dry and then add soy sauce. Stir well to combine these.
13) Season this mixture with salt and pepper, transfer this mixture to plate which we kept in freezer.
14) Evenly spread the mixture and leave it to refrigerate until it is fully cooled.
15) You need to adjust oven rack to 6 inches under broiler and place stone or steel on rack.
16) Now, preheat the oven to highest possible temperature for at least 45 minutes.
17) You can even use Kettle Pizza and Baking Steel grill insert to bake.
18) When you are ready to bake, pick one pizza dough ball and place it on a floured surface.
19) Gently press the dough into a 8-inch circle with outer 1 inch higher than the centre portion.
20) Stretch the pizza again to make it a 10- to 12- inch circle with 1/4 inch thick.
21) Transfer this pizza to a wooden pizza peel.
22) Preheat the broiler to high.
23) Now, spread 1/4 of mushroom mixture over the surface of the pizza. Next, spread 1/4 of mozzarella pieces on top of it.
24) Sprinkle 1/4 portion of sliced garlic and 1/4 portion of whole thyme leaves. Season the pizza with salt and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
25) Transfer the prepared pizza to hot stone or steel and broil, rotating regularly for even cooking.
26) The edges need to puff up and charred lightly. The bottom portion should turn crisp and this might take around 3 to 6 minutes.
27) Remove the pizza and transfer to a cutting board. After allowing it to rest for 1 minute, slice the pizza and serve it.
28) Repeat the same for rest of the dough.