Delicious Sous Vide Chicken Breasts
Sous Vide means “under vacuum”in French, which is nothing but referring to the special process that we follow in this recipe. Yes, that special process is vacuuming the food and cooking in water bath under desired temperature. Chefs, usually prefer this Delicious Sous Vide Chicken Breasts cooking to get the perfect level of doneness along with retaining the nutrients of the food. Don’t worry, this cooking is not restricted to chefs and their high-end restaurants but can be done at home with affordable Sous Vide cookers in market.
Are you ready to cook in Sous Vide way???
- 2 skin-on chicken breast halves (with bone)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 sprigs of any herbs like thyme,rosemary (according to your preference)
You definitely need a sous-vide cooker to prepare the chicken for this recipe.
1) Fill the sous-vide cooker with water and heat it to desired temperature. Refer to the notes for the temperature.
- Temperature 150°F (66°C) – Tender and juicy for cold chicken salad
- Temperature 140°F (60°C) – Very soft and juicy, served hot
- Temperature 150°F (66°C) – Juicy, tender, and slightly stringy, served hot
- Temperature 160°F (71°C) – Traditional, juicy, firm, and slightly stringy, served hot
1) Season the chicken with desired amount of salt and pepper.
2) Now, place the seasoned chicken in vacuum or zipper lock bag and add the herbs.
3) If you are using the zipper lock bags, remove air and close it. Make sure to leave last inch of the top unsealed. Lower the chicken bags into the preheated water, just before it fully submerges seal the last part. Then, cook the chicken at desired temperature.
4) If you are opting for vacuum bags, read the manufacturer’s instructions and seal accordingly. Then, add the chicken bag in preheated water and cook the chicken at desired temperature.
To cook the chicken in a pan:
If you are opting to cook the chicken in a pan, then follow these instructions
1) Take the chicken bag out of water and remove the chicken from the bag.
2) Using paper towels, wipe and pat the chicken.
3) Heat the oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium high until shimmering.
4) With the help of tongs, gently lower the chicken in the skillet with skin side down.
5) Cook the chicken until nice golden brown colour also it should turn crisp.
6) Once it is done, remove from the pan and leave it to cool down.
7) After 2 minutes, when it is cool enough to handle, take out the bone part and slice it to serve.
If you are choosing the grill method instead of frying then follow these instructions
1) First what you need to do is, light up one chimney full of charcoal. After the charcoal is fully lit and covered with grey ash, pour the coals on one side of the charcoal grate and spread it.
2) Position the cooking grate and cover grill. Allow it to preheat for 5 minutes.
3) If you are opting the gas grill, set half the burners to the medium high heat setting. Then cover the grill and preheat for 10 minutes. Clean and oil the grill grate.
4) Remove the chicken from the water and then from bag. Pat it with paper towels and lay it on hot side of the grill with skin side facing down.
5) Rotate for 90 degree to cook the chicken and skin turns crisp.
6) Remove from grill and leave it to rest for 2 minutes.