This Fluffy Japanese Omelette Rice Omurice is a delicious tomato ketchup fried rice stuffed inside omelette. This easy to make recipe can be prepared in a jiffy.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 garlic pod (minced)
- 3 ounces diced skinless, boneless chicken thigh
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Black pepper powder
- 4 large eggs
1) After cooking the rice, leave the rice to spread on a tray and allow it to cool down for few minutes.
1) Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet, add onion, garlic and carrot. Toss them to cook until they turn tender with light brown in colour.
2) Add chicken and leave it to cook with continuous stirring. Let it get cooked with light brown colour which takes about 3 minutes.
3) Add the cooked rice to the pan and toss it well, until combined with vegetables.
4) Add ketchup and continue stirring till it gets coated all over the rice.
5) Season the rice with salt and pepper. Transfer this ketchup rice to a bowl.
6) Beat the eggs in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper.
7) Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and heat it to medium high.
8) Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet, pour the egg mixture and spread it in a circular motion.
9) Use a spatula to spread the egg in an even layer around the skillet. Leave it to cook completely and remove from heat.
10) Carefully invert the bowl of rice on a platter so that it will not lose its shape. Lift the bowl from the rice and slide the open face omelette on top of the rice.
11) Squeeze few ketchup on top of the omelette and serve hot.
Fluffy Japanese Omelette Rice is ready to be served.