After you bake this Halloumi Pizza Recipe With Cherry, Tomatoes, Olives, and Mint you can never resist yourself from taking a bite. This pizza tastes as delicious as it looks, with all those bright red coloured tomatoes scattered on top of white cheesy layer with all shades of green. Isn’t it yummy?
- 2 pounds store-bought pizza dough
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese (torn into small chunks and drained)
- 12 ounces halloumi cheese (chopped as small cubes)
- 1/2 cup green olives (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup light green and white parts of scallions (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (roughly chopped)
1) Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal parts.
2) Place each of the dough in a separate zipper-lock freezer bag.
3) When you are planning to bake, remove the dough from freezer and allow it to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
4) Adjust oven rack to 6 inches under broiler and place steel or stone on rack.
5) Preheat the oven to its highest possible temperature may be 500 or 550°F and for at least 45 minutes.
6) You can even use Kettle Pizza and Baking Steel grill insert.
7) When you are ready to bake, pick one dough ball and gently press the dough onto a lightly floured surface into a rough 8-inch circle
8) When making this circle, make sure to leave the outer edges 1 inch higher than the centre.
9) Now, start stretching the dough gently to make it from 8-inch circles to 10- to 12-inch circle. Maintain the 1/4 inch thickness.
10) When it is done, transfer the dough to floured wooden pizza peel.
11) Preheat the broiler to high.
12) Spread 1/4 of mozzarella over pizza, next spread 1/4 of halloumi, 1/4 of tomatoes, 1/4 of olives, and 1/4 of scallions.
13) Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle few salt.
14) Transfer the prepared pizza to steel or hot stone and broil. Regular rotating will help in even cooking.
15) The edges need to puff up and charred lightly. The bottom portion should turn crisp and this might take around 3 to 6 minutes.
16) Remove the pizza and transfer to a cutting board.
17) After allowing it to rest for 1 minute, sprinkle 1/4 of mint and serve the pizza after slicing.
18) Repeat the same for rest of the dough.