Ever tasted sweet and savoury glazed tender chicken?? No, then you need to try Japanese special Japanese Chicken Skewers Negima Yakitori.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (store-bought or home-made)
- Black Pepper powder
Shall we have a look at the initial preparation process?
1) Chop the chicken into 1 inch dice size pieces.
2) Chop the scallions into 1 inch sized pieces
Lets start the recipe now
1) Pick a large bowl and toss the chicken pieces in it with salt and pepper.
2) Its time to thread the chicken and scallions in alternate fashion onto the skewer.
3) First, thread 2 to 3 pieces of chicken onto skewer then thread scallion onto the skewer. Continue this alternate fashion until all the chicken and scallions are used up. You can use as many skewers as you want. Also, make sure to pack them tightly.
4) Build a medium hot fire in a charcoal grill and place the chicken skewers directly over the hot portion of the grill.
5) Cook it with frequent turning for even cooking. Let it cook till all scallions turns tender and chicken becomes brown in colour. This process might take around 6 minutes.
6) Season the chicken and scallions with additional salt and pepper for 2 to 3 times during the cooking process for an enhanced taste.
7) Now, brush the chicken and scallions with teriyaki sauce and cook it for 30 seconds, then turn it to brush the other side with teriyaki sauce and cook for 30 seconds longer.
8) Let it cook till the sauce forms a glaze on chicken then remove it from grill.
9) Transfer it to a platter, brush with additional teriyaki sauce and serve immediately.
This simple yet flavourful Japanese Chicken Skewers Negima Yakitori should definitely be a hit recipe in your family dinner.