Leftover Grilled Chicken Cabbage Salad
Finding better ways to turn leftovers into a delicious dish is indeed a tough job. Isn’t it? Yes, that is why we are now going see a fantastic dish prepared with leftover grilled chicken breasts that no one can find that this very dish is made out of left overs. In fact, this Leftover Grilled Chicken Cabbage Salad is loaded with vegetables, herbs and nuts which are good for your health. Munching on salads is a convenient way cope your vegetable serving for the day. Salad is packed with different textures and that is the reason why kids love them too.
Are you ready to make this healthy dish now?
- 2 leftover grilled chicken breasts
- 1/4 head Green cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1/4 head Red cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh Lemon juice (divided))
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided
- 4 medium cloves garlic (finely minced) (divided)
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds (toasted)
- Freshly ground Pepper
1) Take a big mixing bowl and add grilled chicken, 1 teaspoon garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season this mixture with salt and pepper. Mix them well to work the dressing into the chicken.
2) Now, add both of the cabbages and onion, toss them to combine.
3) Pick a small bowl and add tahini, remaining 3 teaspoons minced garlic and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Whisk them well and drizzle in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil.
4) Now, add 1/2 cup water and continue whisking until you get a thick batter. Season this batter with pepper and salt.
5) It’s time to add in all those fresh herbs, mint, cilantro and parsley to the cabbage-chicken mixture.
6) Add half of both black and white sesame seeds to this mixture and toss to combine. Adjust the salt, pepper or lemon juice according to your taste preference.
7) Transfer this yummy grilled chicken and cabbage salad into a serving platter and sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds on top of it.
Serve this colourful salad Grilled chicken and cabbage salad immediately. If you wish to add few more garnishing, you can very well go ahead and add according to your taste buds.