Sous Vide Chicken Thighs
Want to attain the best ever juicy chicken thighs? Then, I would rather suggest this Sous Vide Chicken Thighs technique. You can never miss those yummy and super crispy texture with Sous Vide.
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs (with bone)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small shallot (minced)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves (minced)
- Freshly ground Pepper
A sous-vide cooker is a must to prepare this chicken recipe.
1) Fill the sous-vide cooker with water and heat it to required temperature. Refer to the notes for the temperature.
- Temperature 150°F (66°C) – Very juicy but quite firm, with a few tougher spots (1 to 4 hours)
- Temperature 165°F (74°C) – Very juicy and completely tender (1 to 4 hours)
- Temperature 165°F (74°C) – Moderately juicy, pull-off-the-bone tender (4-8 hours)
1) Season the chicken with required amount of salt and pepper.
2) Now, place the seasoned chicken in single layer in vacuum or zipper-lock bag.
3) If you are using the zipper lock bags, remove air and close it. Make sure to leave the last inch of the top unsealed. Lower the chicken bags into the preheated water, just before it fully submerges seal the last part. Then, cook the chicken at desired temperature.
4) If you are opting for vacuum bags, read the manufacturer’s instructions and seal accordingly. Then, add the chicken bag in preheated water and cook the chicken at desired temperature.
5) After the chicken is cooked, remove the bags from hot water and transfer the bags to an ice bath to leave it to chill. The cooled chicken bags can be used to cook or can store in refrigerator for 3- 4 days.
6) Remove the chicken out of the bag and pat it to dry with paper towels. If you see any gelled liquid in the bag, you can reserve it for later use.
7) Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Drop the chicken gently with the skin side facing down. With the help of a metal spatula, hold the chicken down flat and cook it until golden brown.
8) After about 8 minutes the chicken turns crispy, now flip it around to cook the other side.
9) Once both the sides are done transfer the chicken to paper towel to absorb those extra oils.
10) Heat the same pan over medium-high. Add in shallot and cook till it turns soft. Next add pour the wine and leave it to cook till it reduces to half of its quantity.
11) Add the reserved chicken juice and mustard, mix them well. Switch off the flame, whisk in parsley and butter. Season it with required amount of salt and pepper for added taste.
Serve your yummy Chicken with this tasty pan sauce.