Hot Pizza with sweet and spicy taste can be a fantastic food to relish on your weekends. This Sweet Spicy Pizza Recipe Mozzarella Soppressata Chilies Honey is perfect blend of all the tastes.
- 2 pounds store-bought pizza dough
- 1 can whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- 12 to 15 fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella (torn into rough chunks and drained)
- 1 small serrano chili (thinly sliced)
- 6 to 10 ounces sliced hot soppressata or salami
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1) Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal parts.
2) Place each of the dough in a separate zipper-lock freezer bag.
3) When you are planning to bake, remove the dough from freezer and allow it to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
4) Transfer San Marzano tomatoes from can to a medium bowl and crush them roughly by hand. Season them with salt and set aside.
5) Adjust oven rack to 6 inches under broiler and place steel or stone on rack.
6) Preheat the oven to its highest possible temperature may be 500 or 550°F and for at least 45 minutes.
7) You can even use Kettle Pizza and Baking Steel grill insert.
8) When you are ready to bake, pick one dough ball and gently press the dough onto a lightly floured surface into a rough 8-inch circle
8) When making this circle, make sure to leave the outer edges 1 inch higher than the center.
9) Now, start stretching the dough gently to make it from 8-inch circles to 10- to 12-inch circle. Maintain the 1/4 inch thickness.
10) When it is done, transfer the dough to floured wooden pizza peel.
11) Preheat the broiler to high.
12) Spread a thin layer of crushed tomatoes over the pizza, leaving the border around the edge.
13) Spread 1/4 of mozzarella cheese over pizza, next spread 1/4 of Parmesan cheese, 1/4 of serrano chilies, 1/4 of sliced soppressata and 1/4 of basil leaves.
14) Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle few salt.
15) Transfer the prepared pizza to steel or hot stone and broil. Regular rotating will help in even cooking.
16) The edges need to puff up and charred lightly. The bottom portion should turn crisp and this might take around 3 to 6 minutes.
17) Remove the pizza and transfer to a cutting board.
16) After allowing it to rest for 1 minute, drizzle 1 tablespoon of honey. Slice the pizza and serve it.
17) Repeat the same for rest of the dough.